A few weeks ago I ran into an issue with my web host that made me a little frustrated. Here's what was happening.
When creating a simple blog post with pictures and a bulleted list would send me to a blank page with a "page not found" error. I was a little confused with this, and wasn't really sure where to even start. The first place I checked was my watchdog log in Drupal. The only thing that it showed was the page not found error and it showed that I was trying to access a page called "500.shtml." When I ran into this a problem a while ago I decided to just modify my post and remove most of the html so that it would go through. This time there was no way around it.
To end my drought I want talk a little bit about my web host that I've been using. I am by no means a "10 year" Drupal developer like some people that I've talked to. Any mention of Drupal 4.7 goes right over my head. I'm not ashamed of that. When I came into Drupal I was using a localhost so Web Hosting wasn't really ever an issue for me. I figured that eventually I would get to the point where I would have to worry about it, and that day came a little while ago.