I just finished upgrading a couple of the sites that I run to Drupal 6. The task was no easy one, but it could of been much worse. But, it's done now and I'm going to go enjoy some time with my family. It took altogether probably 4-5 hours to upgrade 4 sites. It was my first time so that has a lot to do with it.
Explanation of what I did to make it happen to come later! Happy Easter everyone!
I know that Microsoft Word has a bad record of crappy HTML output—but I didn't know it was this bad. I was upgrading our site today and came across a post in our news section done by the Marketing Team.
Original Code that was pasted into TinyMCE from MS Word:
A few weeks ago I ran into an issue with my web host that made me a little frustrated. Here's what was happening.
When creating a simple blog post with pictures and a bulleted list would send me to a blank page with a "page not found" error. I was a little confused with this, and wasn't really sure where to even start. The first place I checked was my watchdog log in Drupal. The only thing that it showed was the page not found error and it showed that I was trying to access a page called "500.shtml." When I ran into this a problem a while ago I decided to just modify my post and remove most of the html so that it would go through. This time there was no way around it.
When I logged in this morning I noticed that on my user account page it says that I've been a member for "1 year 23 hours." It's been a year, huh? That's crazy. I thought I would throw a post up here talking about my experiences so far with having my own blog. First, here are my stats from Google Analytics.
2,812 Visits 6,116 Pageviews 2.17 Pages/Visit 64.26% Bounce Rate 00:02:31 Avg. Time on Site 78.98% New Visits
Just wanted to post a shout out to the World Wide Web! Today is the 20th Birthday of the WWW, so Happy Birthday! Obviously the web has changed the way we do everything. If it didn't exist then I wouldn't have a job—so for that I thank the WWW! (image courtesy of ReadWriteWeb.com)
A month or so ago I started my first site on Drupal 6.x. I was very excited about this for a number of reasons which I will mention on another day–in another post. Once it was installed I went straght for the Domain Access module. For those of that are familiar with it, you know that it's a pretty slick module with a lot of good functionality. It allows you to run multiple Drupal 6 sites off the same code base and database. I understand that there is always the multi-site option, but I wanted to try something a little more integrated and clean. That's all I'll say about the Domain Access module (I will post about it in the next few weeks, because there's lots to say).
I just downloaded an app on my iPhone that will allow me to blog to my Drupal site blog (this one). It's a pretty slick app that so far works really well. The only thing that I'm not liking so far is that I can't add categories (tags) on the fly, there's just a list of tags used on my blog. Thats pretty nifty in and of itself. Anyway, so far so good! The app is called iBlogger.
When it comes to anything on the computer I like to find a better and more efficient way to do things. I've been this way for a while, and it's something that I don't think will ever change until I get older. In my opinion this is a good trait to have, and it may find me appealing down the road in my career.